Wednesday, May 5, 2010

To Bless or Impress

I have to confess I am a people pleaser to the core.
Every natural part of me wants everyone to like me.
I am constantly in the fight to keep my eyes on Jesus, to check my motives and to remember that when it is our goal to impress those around us we cannot bless those around us.
I see others lives, their blogs, their homes and I often feel inadequate. I question my parenting, my eating habits, my housekeeping and I compare myself to others.
WHY DO I DO THAT?
God made me unique!
Why do I want to be like everyone else?

A little analogy that helps me remember who I really am:

If I am a mirror and I point myself to facing others, then I will reflect others. God did not create me in the image of "others", so I feel unsatisfied.
But if I am a mirror and I face Jesus, then I will reflect Jesus in my life. That is when I find true satisfaction. Afterall that is what I was created to be, an image or reflection of Jesus.

Genesis 1:26 "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness...."

What does this world need more of anyway?
We need more of Jesus.
I need more of Jesus.
My family needs more of Jesus.

When I am in the center of His will it doesn't matter to me what anyone thinks of me and for me that is TRUE FREEDOM.

5 comments:

  1. I never would have guessed that about you. But I understand, I'm the same way. I get all upset because I don't decorate, photograph, or mother as well as my sister and countless others. And I get really upset about whether I look as good as others. Ridiculous.

    Good point. I needed that.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So are you saying you don't see Jesus when you look in the mirror? Cuz I'm pretty sure everyone else sees Jesus when the look at you! =)
    thanx for sharing...always need those reminders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome reminder! Thank you, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy, this was just the reminder I needed today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So well put... thanks. Just what i needed to hear.

    ReplyDelete