Monday, March 19, 2012

Praise to God

We are rejoicing this morning in the news that we have a travel date. 
Our appointment is April 2nd @ 11am. 

I searched for a Psalm of Praise and found this one that fits our situation so well. I feel we were tested in almost every way, but God has brought us through. We rejoice more today because in reality only God could get us through all the trials and bring us to this place. 

Psalm 66 New International Version (NIV) 
Psalm 66 For the director of music. A song. A psalm.  

1 Shout for joy to God, all the earth!  
2 Sing the glory of his name;    
make his praise glorious.
3 Say to God, “How awesome are your deeds!    
So great is your power    
that your enemies cringe before you. 
4 All the earth bows down to you;    
they sing praise to you,    
they sing the praises of your name.”  
5 Come and see what God has done,    
his awesome deeds for mankind! 
6 He turned the sea into dry land,    
they passed through the waters on foot—    
come, let us rejoice in him. 
7 He rules forever by his power,    
his eyes watch the nations—    
let not the rebellious rise up against him.  
8 Praise our God, all peoples,    
let the sound of his praise be heard; 
9 he has preserved our lives    
and kept our feet from slipping. 
10 For you, God, tested us;    
you refined us like silver. 
11 You brought us into prison    
and laid burdens on our backs. 
12 You let people ride over our heads;    
we went through fire and water,    
but you brought us to a place of abundance.
 ...  
16 Come and hear, all you who fear God;    
let me tell you what he has done for me. 
17 I cried out to him with my mouth;   
 his praise was on my tongue. 
18 If I had cherished sin in my heart,    
the Lord would not have listened; 
19 but God has surely listened    
and has heard my prayer. 
20 Praise be to God,    
who has not rejected my prayer    
or withheld his love from me! 

Yippee! Thank You Lord Jesus 
And just because I am a song girl I am adding a song to our playlist. I have been waiting for this day. 

Please do keep praying. We have a few details to work out with USCIS concerning our paperwork but they are being very workable and helpful. I know it is just some confusion that will get resolved, just a lot of emails and backtracking old emails. :)

1 comment:

  1. My dear friends I rejoice with you and continue to pray for a safe journey and joy in abundance! So excited for you all as you grow ;) as a family...makes the fire under me burn just a little hotter!
    The Curto's absolutely love The Scheel's!

    ReplyDelete