Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Making Lemonade

So the Boise trip started off exciting ~
Got a bit stressful and felt like a waste of time ~
  Kali and I sang along to a fun little song called "This is the Stuff" by Francesca Battistelli 
and tried to NOT SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF

Then Jeromy worked it out to come down and save the day!!!

My Hero!

Then the trip got really fun. 
We had a great time with my friend's mom. 
Bummer the friend and her kids weren't able to come. 
Her littles were a bit confused about why Kaly and Stacy were at grammy's house.

We went out to dinner, took all day to shop around at some craft stores.
Slept in late and took a beautiful walk by the river.

God knew I needed a little R & R

Jeromy arrived with Ayla and Gavin on Sat. eve.

love the look on Gav's face
Sunday morning we met some other dear friends for church.

Then while they went to a b-day party and work 
we took a couple of hours to enjoy the sun at the coolest park ever. 

Then we headed to the State Capital building.

While everyone else watched Super Bowl we checked out what was behind every open door.
We had a great time.  Kaly and Ayla love exploring and every floor held a surprise.


Our only fam. photo and Gav. is "hiding"- little stinker :)
Then back to hang with our friends for the night. 
Up till 2 am talking about everything I love (and hate).

Adoption, special needs, our kids, home schooling, blogging, photography, and the need to act and help stop human trafficking.
It is such a blessing that even though we have not spent time with these friends for a long time that God continues to touch our hearts in such similar ways.  

 They love the Lord and desire to serve him and love on people and they are just plain fun to hang with.

Our kids had a blast and it was all we could do to tear them apart.  

Thank You God for seeing our need for a time of refreshment and providing it!

And to top it all off....

Our completed Dossier is in the air on its way to Eastern Europe
It should be there on the 10th!  Woo Hoo!

So now we wait for a date (as long as they accept our paperwork- I am prepared for the worst just in case)  and in the mean time we are prepping for a garage sale and planning for travel. 

I am so excited!  I cannot wait to travel.
I am nervous and I know I will get sick on the plane or be passed out from my half of a non-drowsy Dramamine, but I love to travel and I love that Jeromy and I get to go together.  
Talk about a date. :)
 









6 comments:

  1. Slava Bogu! YEAH YEAH YEAH! There is another RR family there right now adopting. I will email you their blog to follow as well. When you get a date don't forget to email Bogdan for a free place to stay while in Kyiv coming and going, as well as a pick up at the airport.
    Praying for your process DAILY! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you! So glad you have been able to relax a little while you wait! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!
    So glad you got some refreshment. I just don't know if I could ever do it! I know it's all in the Holy Spirit but I guess it's something you can't imagine going through until you are called to do it. You know, like David said at church, you only the get the grace to do something when you actually need it! =)

    I will write you guys down on my prayer list so I will be sure to never forget! Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See! If fulfilled a need in your life you didn't even know you had!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it was frustrating...however I was very blessed to have visitors...what fun we had! What a precious family you are!! I so...excited you!!! Love & God Bless

    ReplyDelete